The following are the rules and regulations for the operation of the Marina. Compliance with these rules and regulations is a condition of use for all vessels, their owners, captains and crews, as well as all guests, invitees or customers at the Marina.
1. The Rules of the Road and the Navigation Laws of the United States shall control all vessels at, departing or approaching the Marina.
2. Once at the slip or dock at the marina, a vessel shall immediately come under the jurisdiction of the Dock Master of the Marina. Only vessels in good condition, and under their own power, shall be admitted to the slip and berthing area of the Marina.
3. The parties agree that Marina does not accept the vessel for storage, is not a bailee, and will not be responsible for any damage or loss to the vessel or its tackle or to any person visiting the vessel, unless caused by an affirmative act of negligence of Marina. However, during the absence of Owner, if Marina finds the vessel insecure or in danger, Marina is authorized, but not required, to take temporary action to protect the vessel and necessary and reasonable costs therefore shall be charged against the vessel.
4. Pets are permitted only with the prior permission of the Marina, and only if they do not disturb others. Boat owners, captains, crew or their guests are strictly liable for any damage caused by any pets. No animal shall be permitted on the Marina properties, unless leashed or otherwise secured.
5. Refuse shall not be thrown or allowed to fall overboard and all garbage is to be deposited in the appropriate containers. No oil, spirits, inflammable liquids or oily bilges shall be discharged into marina waters. All laws, rules and regulations with regard to marine sanitary devices shall be strictly complied with. All vessels are financially responsible for any clean-up costs for any discharge described above or other illegal discharge.
6. Noise shall be kept to a minimum at all times and all owners and captains are requested to use discretion in operating engines, generators, radios, television, power tools and the like so as to minimize disturbance of others using the marina as well as marina neighbors.
7. Swimming, diving and fishing are not permitted from the marina or from vessels at the marina.
8. No vehicles, including bicycles, shall be parked on or ridden on the docks. Parking of vehicles on Marina property may be permitted at the discretion of the Dock Master on a space available basis.
9. Boat owners and captains shall not store or allow to be stored any supplies, materials, accessories or debris on any Marina property, including the docks or piers. Failure to comply with this provision shall cause the removal of any such property by the Dock Master. No painting, sanding, scraping or repairing of any vessel or equipment belonging to any vessel shall be permitted on the Marina property without the specific prior written consent of the Dock Master. The extent of any repair or maintenance to be undertaken at the Marina shall be solely at the discretion of the Dock Master and any such repair or maintenance permitted shall be wholly at the risk of the owner/vessel undertaking such repairs.
10. Laundry shall not be hung on boats, docks or piers at the marina.
11. No signs shall be displayed aboard any vessel at the marina without the prior written consent of the Dock Master. Owner understands that the Marina is a commercial endeavor and, therefore, Vessel Owner hereby agrees to refrain from any commercial activities competitive with the interest of the Marina on the premises of the Marina. Vessel Owner agrees not to operate boat rentals or charter parties or any commercial activities from the Marina without the prior written permission of the Marina.
12. The use of charcoal broiler, cookers or any other open-fueled appliance is strictly forbidden aboard any vessel at the marina or on any property belonging to the Marina.
13. Potable water is available at each slip. Each slip occupant is responsible for water consumed from the assigned tap based upon the Marina’s established rates.
14. Vessel Owner may not, and shall not have any right, to assign or transfer in whole or in part any rights under the Agreement. However, Marina shall have the right to use the slip for transient docking whenever the vessel is to be removed overnight or longer.
15. The dockage day starts at 1:00 p.m. Checkout time is 12:00 p.m. the following day. Any vessel occupying a slip after 12:00 p.m. will be charged dockage for that night. Late departures can be arranged upon request, with the Dock Master.
16. Violations of the rules and regulations of the Marina, failure to comply with the reasonable and proper requests of the management, indecorous conduct by the owner or captain of any vessel, or their guests, that might cause injury to another, cause damage to property, or adversely impact upon the reputation of the Marina shall be cause for the immediate removal from the marina of the vessel and/or individual(s) in question.
THE MARINA OWNER SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGE TO VESSELS IN OR AT THE MARINA OR FOR THEIR EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PERSONAL PROPERTY. BOAT OWNERS OR CAPTAINS SHALL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO DOCK STRUCTURES AND PILINGS OR OTHER PROPERTY BELONGING TO THE MARINA CAUSED BY THEIR ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OR BY THEIR VESSELS. IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY, THE MARINA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MOVE ANY VESSEL TO ANOTHER MOORING PLACE AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR SO DOING BY THE OWNER/CAPTAIN.